Currently teaching as an Adjunct Instructor at area colleges and universities. Courses center around real-world projects and websites.
Also have built and maintain two course-sites:
- Course site for Introduction to Web Design (Drupal 7):
Course Site: Introduction to Web Design
- Course site for Interactive Code Samples (Pears Framework, WordPress):
Interactive Code Samples
I have presented at several academic and industry conferences on a range of website planning topics. A selection are presented below.
- Content for the Web, How Much Customization Does Your Audience Expect and Need, CUPRAP 2015
CUPRAP slides available here
- A University-wide Responsive Redesign: Penn State Web 2013
Penn State Web 2013 Slides available here
- Responsive Robots: A University-wide Responsive Redesign: J Boye 2013
J. Boye 2013 slides available here
- “Is Flash Evil” for the Fox Chase Cancer Center Bioinformatics Colloquium.
- “Return on Design” for the Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce.
- Custom training for Merck Inc., Maersk, and the Philadelphia Police Department.
Currently teaching undergraduate and graduate classes in front-end web design at Jefferson University’s digital design program.
Have taught Content Management Systems at Chestnut Hill College, Introduction to Web Design at DeSales University and the Antonelli Institute of Photography and Design. Created a detailed course site in Drupal 7 on a dedicated virtual private server that provides code samples and presentations.
At Antonelli, also administered a reseller hosting control panel to provision and create subsites for student projects. This provides a live portfolio with which students can gain internships and free-lance work.